Control your BlackBerry® from your desktop
Using USB Connection
- USB Cable
- PC With Windows OS or Mac OS X
- BlackBerry® Desktop Software
Quick guide: Download and install BlackBerry® Desktop Software, plug your BlackBerry® device using USB. Click "Connect", choose "USB" and choose your PIN.
BlackBerry® Desktop Software is a free application provided by Research In Motion® (RIM®) for users running Windows and OS X Operating System that allows you to manage BlackBerry® devices. Visit RIM's website to download and install the BlackBerry® Desktop Software.
If you are using your BlackBerry® device as USB disk, or some other program is accessing the USB feature of the BlackBerry® device, you may get disconnected. If this happens, try the following:
- Try to connect again, most of the time this should work.
- If it doesn't work, try disconnecting your USB device, wait for a few moment, plug it back in, wait for a few moment to let the Operating System finish scanning the device, then click on connect again.
- If it still doesn't work, restart the TinyController app in your device, and also the app in your Desktop.
- If all else fails, restart your BlackBerry® device and your Operating System.
Note that TinyController uses the USB feature from BlackBerry® Desktop Software, so please make sure that the BlackBerry® Desktop Software works fine in your machine. Some software (antivirus/anti malware) may block BlackBerry® Desktop Software. Try to sync your BlackBerry® device to your Desktop to test that there is no problem in your BlackBerry® Desktop Software software.